Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Great Grandson Of Maha Kavi Bharathiar in Mankatha

There are two news about Niranjan. One is that he is debuting as a lyricist in Mankatha and the second is that he is the great grandson of Maha Kavi Bharathiar. Niranjan is an Ag Mark Chennai guy. Now he is staying in Hyderabad in connection with his studies. Niranjan is the son of the popular Carnatic singer Rajkumar Bharathi. Niranjan said that he use to scribble some poems in his school days and he started to write poems in his later days. He while speaking said,” After completing B E, I had worked in an IT concern for two and half years. I did not like it. So for the sake of security I am now studying M B A. My dream is to become a full time lyricist.



Many are telling that since I am a great grandson of Bharathiar, there will be comments if I write songs for cinema. I am blessed because I have come from the lineage of Bharathiar. Apart from this I should decide about my career. My long time dream is to write songs for cinema. What is wrong in that? But my only thing is that I will be careful that I should not spoil the image of my great grandfather in whatever field I choose. With regard to Mankatha, I had been meeting lots of people to get offers. I gave the compilations of the song written by me to Venkat Prabhu sir. In his younger days he used to play mirundhangam for my father’s concerts. Because of this I knew him and I was able to approach him. He said that we both can work.
After four months when he commenced the shooting of Mankatha, I got a call from him. He told me to be ready to write a song. I was in cloud nine. All of my close friends are ardent fans of Ajith. They started motivating me to write a wonderful song for Ajith through Facebook and phone. I told my dad about this. He gave his blessing and told me to keep in mind that he belongs to Bharathiar’s clan. The song which I have written for this film is that the hero and heroine will express their love in a decent way. Though Venkat Prabhu is a jolly person, he is a very strict person as far as work is concerned. He will not get satisfied until he gets the lines perfect. After some corrections, my song was okayed. Venkat Prabhu liked this song very much.”

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment